Skip to content
- Electrical Alternans is an electrocardiographic manifestation in which there is alternation in the amplitude of the QRS complex, the T wave alone, OR Both QRS and T wave.
- It often accompanies fast rates and then has no prognostic significance.
- When found with slow rates, it connotes organic heart disease with an adverse prognosis.
- Electrical Alternans may occasionally be associated with a pericardial effusion and is usually seen in midprecordial leads.
- Electrical Alternans does not cause a disturbance of rhythm.